A Travellerspoint blog

The Mexico Adventure Continues

San Christobel, Palenque, Merida and beyond

sunny 30 °C

After a overnight bus ride finally arrived in the small town of San Christobel, here we stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the Markets during the day and the Mexican Independence day festival in the evening on Saturday 15th.

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

After this moving further east we arrived in the Jungle Village of Palenque and we happend upon some ruins where only 2% have been uncovered and the other 98% are still remain buried in the Mexican Jungle.

Uncovered Ruins surrounded by the Jungle

IMG_2594.jpg

The group in the jungle in search of the other 98%

IMG_2650.jpg

Here we can see why it take around 15 years to carefully restore a temple one piece at a time

IMG_2652.jpg

Now on the last days of the tour and currently in the sunny town of Merida which is located close to the gulf of Mexico here we will visit the Ruins at Chichen Itza before heading to Playa Del Carmen for some time by the coast.

Posted by lee2007 10:20 Archived in Mexico Tagged round_the_world

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Comments

Hi Lee

The fantastic sightseeing continues - now tell us about the interesting people you have met.....

;-)

Ryan

by ryanedward

don't post any pictures of chicken itza untill ive left.... hopfully well do that too may even have some photos for you!

by Gjprice100

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Login